lorengtr

Probate Settlement

I have a question regarding the settlement of an estate that is currently pending in the probate courts.  If the estate in from California and I am a resident of another state, do I have to pay income or probate tax according to California law or my state's law? 

Any clarification is appreciated.

tagteam

Probate Settlement

@lorengtr wrote:

I have a question regarding the settlement of an estate that is currently pending in the probate courts. 

This is a question that would be best directed to the attorney handling the probate matter in the state court. Also, contact the executor or administrator of the estate for details relating to assets and taxation.

tagteam

Probate Settlement

@lorengtr wrote: