Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Prior year's info not loading

1) I only have one login for Turbotax online.

2) I have used in since 2008.

3) All my prior year's returns are accessible when I login so they recognize me at least.

4) No matter how many times I start over and clear data, when I start a new 2021 return, it asks me for my personal info all over again - my info, my children and spouses info, all of it.  If I skip directly to the income portion, it doesn't have anything showing for 2020.  

Basically, I can do my taxes, but it is like this is my first time ever, and I do not feel like populating data fields that should so automatically, especially for the price of Turbotax Self-Employed.

When I called Turbotax a month ago, they said after much investigation that there was a known glitch for some customers and they were working on the fix that should be out shortly.  Anyone heard this, or can verify, or have experience or a solution to offer?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are unable to import your prior year data, you would need to manually enter the data in Turbo Tax. 

If you need additional assistance, it would be best to contact us by phone by following the instructions here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I appreciate the answer, but that is somewhat obvious.  If Turbotax lost my info, I need to reprovide it...

Why is Turbotax not importing my information?  That's the issue, and how to fix it.

Manually redoing everything isn't a solution to that problem.  That's like telling someone that if their car breaks down, they need to start walking.  What of the glitch that the tech support team that was being worked on back in January?

I don't know that there is much incentive to manually inputting everything again since no one has been able to explain what happened or why it won't happen again.

Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies