Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lakemojo

Previously I filed my son's return using my TurboTax account. Tonight he filed his return after setting-up his own account. It's on a 48 hr hold. How can it be released?

We have two hours before the deadline and the wait time for Turbo Tax help is over an hour. Can something be done as a user to clear this w/out a phone call?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Previously I filed my son's return using my TurboTax account. Tonight he filed his return after setting-up his own account. It's on a 48 hr hold. How can it be released?

In your account, where you "originally" filed the tax return, does it show a status of "accepted" by the IRS? If so, the 2nd attempt to e-file from a different account will "NOT" process.

lakemojo

Previous years, 2019, and 2020 I filed for him.  This year he filed with the different account. (There has only been one submission for tax year 2021)

Carl
Level 15

Should be fine then. As for the hold, I would expect that it was because it's done this year with a different account. If a refund is due, then there's really no issue with it being late, as no fines or penalties will be assessed. But if taxes are owed, the hold does not prevent one from paying those taxes on time directly to the IRS at www.irs.gov/payments. Of course, that would be day late now. If owed and paid today, then *if* the irs was assessing any late payment penalties those will be billed by U.S. Mail separately.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies