turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Premium Tax Credit forgiveness over 400% FPL

I spoke with customer support as an intermediary with Intuit's tax experts on Friday. They insisted that software updates are complete regarding APR (COVID Relief Bill). In the software, I see forgiveness of repayment of advance Premium Tax Credits up to 400% FPL, but not beyond. Health policy analysts believe that Intuit has got this wrong, and that the APR text wipes out clawback for everyone regardless of income (see, for example: https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog[phone number removed]37/full/). So what's the story?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

You are correct. There's no update yet unfortunately, and there isn't an email signup.  TurboTax has to wait for guidance from the IRS. 

@ColeenD3Thanks. Are you therefore acknowledging that the telephone tax experts consulting with the telephone support I received last Friday were wrong in saying that all updates related to the APR bill were complete? Intuit's communication has been atrocious, and I'd think you'd want to be careful about the information (or misinformation) given out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies