Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

iyerks111
Returning Member

Premier and Home & Business

For tax year 2022, I installed the Premier product for my personal returns and my home and business product for the returns for my kids trusts on the same laptop and everything worked fine. For tax year 2023, when I tried to install the home and business product, it says I cannot do that since I already have another TT product installed for 2023. Did something change this year? If yes, is there any way I can install both products on the same laptop?

Thanks in advance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

No you didn't install Home&Business before.  You need Turbo Tax Business program.  It is a separate program from Home&Business.  H&B is for personal 1040 returns that need schedule C for self employment.  You bought the wrong program.  Ask for a refund.

You can buy the stand alone do it yourself Business CD/Download program for Windows here (it is not available to do online or for Mac). There are 2 ways to buy it. If you want a CD you need to pick the Advantage Plan in the right box.
https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/cd-download

It's not clear how you loaded 2 (personal) versions last year. Not being able to install 2 (personal) versions makes sense, and saves you money. The Home+Business has the features in Premier,  PLUS it handles the business returns. Buy only the Home+Business & do each of the returns in that. If someone buys the Premier & tries to enter 1099's or other Business related information they can pay the upgrade fee to go to Home+Business.

FYI: The above does NOT apply to the Business software, which handles Corp., LLC. Partnerships & Trusts. That can be loaded in addition to any personal version. Maybe you bought Home+Business to do the Trust rather than the Business software last year, and that's what you need again this year !

iyerks111
Returning Member

Thank you so much. You are correct. I just bought the wrong product this year.

iyerks111
Returning Member

Thank you so much. I realized I bought the wrong product this year. I have returned it and bought the Business version.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies