Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Possible glitch/solution for frozen payment screen when using credit card

Hey fam, 

Level 34 Chaotic Good Karen reporting in. 

I was experiencing what appears to be a very common issue when trying to pay for TurboTax products before completing your filing.  I chose to pay with my credit card ($39), but after entering all my info and confirming it was correct, the screen would freeze when I tried to complete the transaction by clicking "Confirm Payment".  Simply, nothing would happen.

I tried all the suggested trouble-shooting steps (logging out, clearing browsing data/cache/cookies, using a new browser, using a different payment method, etc etc etc...) all to no avail.  I finally resolved to talk to a representative.

After A LOT of polite badgering, escalation and back and forth, a tech and I were able to find a possible glitch and solution to the problem.

When entering the billing details for my credit card, my billing address uses two address lines (street address and apt #).  This info was auto-filled from the info saved in my account, so we cleared it and re-entered the information. When re-entering the address info, I used ONE address line for the full address, and or whatever reason that was the adjustment we needed for the system to work.  It then suggested an address to use based on what I entered, which was accurate, and the process moved along smoothly from there.  The tech stayed on the phone with me to ensure everything worked and I was able to file my taxes successfully.

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I wanted to share my experience.  I see that this has been a reoccurring problem year over year, so there are probably other issues with different solutions, but this worked for me.

Good luck everyone!  And thank you, Dorothy, for all your help! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies