Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Plan to efile 2 states. How can I be sure Federal return is included for both states? One state doesn't show it.

Using desktop Deluxe and efiling 2 states, CA and Oklahoma non-resident 511-NR.  Both states require a copy of the Fed return (at least for non-residents.)  When I do a print/PDF preview, I get a dialog box and can select "all forms required for filing", and choose checkmark for the CA return.  It lists the CA state forms and the Federal forms it is including, and that's also reflected in the preview PDF of the CA return.  When I do the same thing for the Oklahoma return, the dialog box lists the Oklahoma forms and doesn't list any Fed forms included.  Likewise the preview PDF of Oklahoma forms required for filing, it doesn't show any Fed forms.  Will desktop TurboTax send Oklahoma a Federal return even though it's not listed in the Oklahoma 511-NR print/PDF preview?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Plan to efile 2 states. How can I be sure Federal return is included for both states? One state doesn't show it.

Yes. If you are e-filing, the states will also receive copies of your federal return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies