Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Paying twice for TurboTax Deluxe?

I go to do my taxes and because I have a 1099-R, I was told I need to buy Deluxe for 39.99. Which is all fine and good except they want me to pay it twice? They want me to pay 39.99 for the deluxe and also another 39.99 for my state filing suddenly when it was free before? So the total would be 80? What gives?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Paying twice for TurboTax Deluxe?

On the last few pages of filing, surrounding the payment options, there are little green bubbles, or sentences in blue. Those places will answer questions that most people have asked regarding the area of filing that they're in. I had the same question, and one of those "help tips" explained why I had to pay separately, for State taxes, and federal taxes. There's also a question mark at the very top of the page, where you can type in questions, or key words, to questions other people have asked. Those two ways will help the most with any questions you may have. I'm not positive on how it explained the "why", so I don't want to write it on here, to you, and mess up the wording, only to confuse you more. I hope this helps 😊
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies