Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Paying an amended return.

I received the following error message:  F1040X-007-01 - Form 1040-X, 'TotalNonrefundableCreditsAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TotalCreditsAmt'.   It says 

"Once you've opened your  return in TurboTax, the details about what needs updating will be displayed."  It is not displayed and I have no idea what to do.  I do not understand the error message and cannot find the entry for total nonrefundable credits amount or the correct number or amount grp. 


2 Replies
Expert Alumni

Paying an amended return.

It appears you are working an amendment.  What items are you amending? That may give us a clue on what is causing the error.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Returning Member

Paying an amended return.

Have you ever fixed the program to add in a zero on the 1040 form on line 21?

Thank you.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings