kaluapoa

passive losses

I have passive losses for my rental property from prior year.  I tried inputting the negative numbers (that I got from Schedule E but I am unable to type any numbers in.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

ThomasM125

passive losses

Are you sure you entered all the information requested in the "General Property Information" section?

DeanM15

passive losses

You can enter the passive loss carryovers in the Property Profile portion in the rental real estate section for TurboTax.

You should come to a screen that says Do Any of These Situations Apply to This Property. In the Carryover section check the box that says I have passive activity real estate losses from prior years. That will open up a screen that says Passive Losses From Prior Years with spaces to input your losses.

alleycat1

passive losses

no, this does not work.  The desktop version I downloaded neither carried over my previous passive losses, which i downloaded, nor allows me to manually enter them in the above solution you provided.  There is no area to populate the passive losses at the point your directions say to manually enter them.

there are previous discussions, with the same answer.  One actually has the screen shot of the issue, but is ignored.

lagotto

passive losses

I am having this problem too.  I get to the question to enter the cary forward of a loss from previous year and the  program does not allow an entry and does not automatically care over from last years saved tax form.  I also have a Mac.

langlang

passive losses

i'm experiencing the same issue with unable to type in the form (shown below). i didn't use turbo tax last year. this is quite frustrating.

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 12.57.05 PM.png