Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Paper Filling Etiquette

Looking to paper file State taxes and wanted to make sure I had all documents in the "correct" order. Turbotax Paper Doc's, W-2's, 1099's, 1098's, etc.. Do you staple them all together and then send it or just shove it into a manila envelope and send it..
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DallasM

Paper Filling Etiquette

There is really no "correct" way to send them in via paper mail as long as you DO NOT STAPLE them. That is the one huge "no-no" of paper filing.

You can take all the forms and fold them in half and send them in through a long white business envelope OR you could put them in a "shipping" folder that you get at the post office and send them in that way.

Either way, as long as you do not staple them, the IRS and/or State Tax Department will be able to view and successfully file them for you.

I hope this information helps. Best of luck! And thank you for choosing to file with TurboTax. Your business is very much appreciated!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DallasM

Paper Filling Etiquette

There is really no "correct" way to send them in via paper mail as long as you DO NOT STAPLE them. That is the one huge "no-no" of paper filing.

You can take all the forms and fold them in half and send them in through a long white business envelope OR you could put them in a "shipping" folder that you get at the post office and send them in that way.

Either way, as long as you do not staple them, the IRS and/or State Tax Department will be able to view and successfully file them for you.

I hope this information helps. Best of luck! And thank you for choosing to file with TurboTax. Your business is very much appreciated!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies