VaBluebell

Paid off home equity loan in 2020, but TT won't let me deduct the interest I paid in 2020 because my loan balance is now zero.

TT won't let me enter an outstanding principal balance of zero.  How can I work around this?  Thank you.

NCperson

did you try to enter $1?

VaBluebell

I just did, and TT took it and let me continue.  I guess I just leave it at that, even though that's not the correct balance?  Seems odd that I can't just say the balance is now zero and be done with it.

Thanks!

TigerOne

Have the same problem. Had it last year as well and just entered $1. Looks like I'm entering $1 again this year. Seems like there should be a better answer for this glitch.