Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdrt22

Paid Fed tax due with credit card through TT but IRS saying never received.

Paid fed tax with credit card via turbotax when filed on april 15.  CC statement shows was paid at that time. Received notice from IRS a few days ago that we are delinquent, according to their records we haven't paid anything and fees/interest are accruing.  I have now spent hours and hours on hold or on phone/video call with turbotax, they were unable to help, said this was happening to other people as well.  Gave me number of what I guess is the 3rd party payment collector, FSI (or FIS, not sure), told me I had to call them.  I did, there is STILL a message about COVID causing delays in response time, and then waited exactly one hour and 45 minutes on hold before hanging up, concerned that maybe no one will ever answer.  Called the IRS, on hold 1 hour 29 minutes but someone answered!  IRS said they definitely don't have the funds we paid, and that the only way to prove we paid is with a "CONFIRMATION NUMBER" from turbotax.  IRS said that if I just mail in the receipt/proof paid from my bank it might not be enough, 'must have the confirmation number.'  However, it seems that Turbotax cannot provide this.  Where is this magical confirmation number?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I just received the same thing and of course you can not get anyone at turbo tax on the weekend. Following to see how this goes for you as well as will follow up if I get any answers. 

There is no "confirmation number" from TurboTax.   If you e-filed there is an electronic postmark.   See if that makes the IRS happy, although the proof you have from your bank or credit card should be enough.   TurboTax never knows when, how or even if you paid your tax due. The IRS does not provide any information to TurboTax after you file your tax return, nor can TurboTax intercede with the IRS on your behalf.

ELECTRONIC POSTMARK

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/prove-e-filed-april-18...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies