Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

johndeininger
Returning Member

PA code for 1099r

I asked this question before and was told to use K2 but it doesn’t seem like the right one. I have added more info to the question

My wife was beneficiary to the following annuities after her mother’s death. Equitrust product type SPDA-5 non-qual annuity, security benefit product type non-qual and venerable product secure index opportunities plus non-qual. We received 1099R’s, all of them had code 4D in block 7. Equitrust had values in block 1 and 2a and will be distr over 5 years and avalue in block 5 and we paid some federal tax. Security benefit had value in block1 and 0.00 in block 2a total distribution was checked and a value in block  5 slightly larger than block 1 and no fed tax paid and venerable had values in block 1 and 2a, tot distr block was checked and we paid fed tax. I am using turbo tax and after finishing the fed section I downloaded the PA tax section. The program stated we need more information on the 1099R’s PA distribution code which there are multiple choices. N for none etc etc. it appears that the only choice I have is K1 annuity or non-civil disability

N  no entry

131PA school, state, or municipal employee plan

111United Mine Workers pension

132Military pension

133U.S. Civil service retirement/disability/annuity

K1 Annuity or Non-civil service disability (including Qual Joint Survivorship Annuity)

121 Early distribution from a retirement plan

112 Rollover

113 I'm eligible; plan is eligible (no PA tax)

122 I'm not eligibleyet; plan is eligiblein PA J1 Traditional or Roth IRA: I'mover 59.5

J2 Traditional or Roth IRA; I'm under 59.5

K2 Non-qualified deferred compensation plan K3 Life insurance or endowment

L Distributionfrom Charitable Gift Annuities M1 ESOP: Allocated ESOPStock Dividend

M2 ESOP: Non-AllocatedESOP Stock Dividend M3 KSOP: Taxable ESOP within a 401(k)

M4 KSOP: Nontaxable ESOP within a 401(k)

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies