Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

OrdernConfirmation [removed]

On 04/13/22, I attempted to file my federal and state tax returns on line.  As part of the procerss, I committed a $25.00 charge to my Master Card, ***9889.  After commiting these fujnds, I was promted to check the return for errors, which I did.  Unfortunately, an error, as a result of a K-1 entry was unable to be corrected satisfactorily for the return to be E Filed forcing me to mail the return for IRS processing.

I am requesting that a refund of the $25.00 charge to my Master Card be issued immediately.  I would not have made this $25.00 committment had I known and you informed me that an E File cannot be done with errors.  You collected my fiunds, then forced the error correction process, which I was unable to successfully perform.  Perhaps, you should ask for the E Filing fees after it is assured that the return is error free and able to be E Filed.

Thank you for your consideration.

Joseph R

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

OrdernConfirmation [removed]

Joe,

The same thing happened to me while trying to e-file my 2020 return.  I checked the box to file both federal and state and paid the $25 fee.  Unfortunately, the federal return was rejected and subsequently had to file a paper return.  And of course, if your federal return is rejected, the state is rejected as well.  

Afterwards, I did read somewhere on Intuit, that the fee cannot be refunded due to the fact that time was expended to reject the return.

For 2021, I e-filed the federal first and waited for for an acceptance which took 3 tries.  Then I paid the $25 and e-filed the state with success.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies