turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

OrdernConfirmation [removed]

On 04/13/22, I attempted to file my federal and state tax returns on line.  As part of the procerss, I committed a $25.00 charge to my Master Card, ***9889.  After commiting these fujnds, I was promted to check the return for errors, which I did.  Unfortunately, an error, as a result of a K-1 entry was unable to be corrected satisfactorily for the return to be E Filed forcing me to mail the return for IRS processing.

I am requesting that a refund of the $25.00 charge to my Master Card be issued immediately.  I would not have made this $25.00 committment had I known and you informed me that an E File cannot be done with errors.  You collected my fiunds, then forced the error correction process, which I was unable to successfully perform.  Perhaps, you should ask for the E Filing fees after it is assured that the return is error free and able to be E Filed.

Thank you for your consideration.


Joseph R

1 Reply

OrdernConfirmation [removed]


The same thing happened to me while trying to e-file my 2020 return.  I checked the box to file both federal and state and paid the $25 fee.  Unfortunately, the federal return was rejected and subsequently had to file a paper return.  And of course, if your federal return is rejected, the state is rejected as well.  


Afterwards, I did read somewhere on Intuit, that the fee cannot be refunded due to the fact that time was expended to reject the return.


For 2021, I e-filed the federal first and waited for for an acceptance which took 3 tries.  Then I paid the $25 and e-filed the state with success.



Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing

Related Content

Manage cookies