Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eoin

Options for filing a 2022 tax return in 2024 - need sch C (self employment), E (rental property)

Hi!

This is probably a super-newbie question, so please forgive this greenhorn!

From April to Nov 2023, I tried unsuccessfully to prepare a tax return with H&R Block. I hadn't realised that after the end of the year my online application draft would go in the trash and I would have to apply with a different product/software.

H&R Block has said that if I want to do the return, I have to download software to my computer and do it without a Tax Pro Review. If I want someone at H&R Block to do the tax return for me (a "retail return"), they would need to charge c. $600. 

So I'd like to give TurboTax a try. I've had about 20 drafts created (all of them with wrong information, hence the frustrating experience with H&R Block), so at this point I could do a lot of the filling in myself, but I still want an expert to review the return and advise me on how I can maximize it. What's my best bet without spending $1000?

Thanks,

Eoin

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Options for filing a 2022 tax return in 2024 - need sch C (self employment), E (rental property)

Sorry Turbo Tax can't help you with 2022.  You would need to buy and download the Desktop program to do a prior year return.  It is do it yourself, no expert help or review.   You can post questions in this forum and we will try to help you.   Call around and find a local tax place or accountant.  

You can't do a prior year return online or efile it, but you can buy the download desktop versions for the last 3 years from Turbo Tax here....

http://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products.jsp

Or you can check for  Turbo Tax for all years on Ebay or Amazon, etc.

the only way to get an expert review is to pay for it.  Turbotax doesn't offer this for 2022. H&R does for apparently $600 but be sure to check that it can't go higher. The other choice is a CPA or a tax lawyer. I have no idea what they would charge but you could ask. They would probably want the know what you have in the way of types of income and deductions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies