Open Tax file

Open Tax file

Hello, I purchased the Home and Business tax software on line. I am using a Mac product. I can't seem to open the downloaded software to file my 2019 taxes. After downloading, I was sussfully able to download a an Icon, but when I tried to open the file... nothing happens.

Elvis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Open Tax file

for 2019 app you need the following os

2019: macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later

did you purchase from a legitimate seller?

contact support for help.

5am-5pm Pacific Time (8-8 Eastern) Monday - Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Open Tax file

Did you get the program installed and activated with the 14 digit License Code ok?  But can't open your tax file ending in .tax2019?

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had.  So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - New)

Then you just OPEN the .tax2019 file, go up to File-Open.  You don't import or transfer it.

Open Tax file

If you just purchased the 2020 program, the only thing it will do with a 2019 tax file is import it to get a Headstart on your 2020 return.

If you have purchased the 2019 program and both the 2019 and 2020 programs are installed on your Mac, then double clicking a 2019 file will by default open the 2020 program to start a new return. Instead, you need to open the 2019 program first and then locate your tax return with the File...Open command.