Vikingsfan4lyfe

Online IRS w-2 and Transcripts

Long story short. I have not filed my taxes for last year (2018) due to my tax preparer passing away.  He also had my w-2s (I have 3 w-2s).

I know I can contact my places of employment or the IRS to request new copies of my W-2. I was wondering if I could use my 2018 IRS transcripts that are available online.?  I read somewhere that this was a viable action.  

I was also wondering if anybody knows a site that would help me file my taxes, like a step-step tutorial?

Anyways, I appreciate any feedback . 

bluedeb

Online IRS w-2 and Transcripts

Yes, you can use your IRS transcripts to enter your income if you cannot get your original W2's.  TurboTax 2018 download software does have step by step options.  The software will guide you through all the interviews to enter your information.  To purchase the 2018 Download software you can to the following website.  Prior year returns with TurboTax must be mailed.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

You can also check the internet for other tax preparation software but you will find they are all self prepared software.  If you are not sure, you should see a professional tax prepare.

bluedeb

Online IRS w-2 and Transcripts