Once you have received your 1095-A, please follow the instructions below to enter in your Form 1095-A (which will automatically prepare Form 8962) as well as print your return.
- Sign in to TurboTax Online using your username and password
- Click on Taxes in the white banner at the top
- Click on Amend (change return) under Some things you can do (Note, you will not send in the amendment Form 1040X, instead we are just using the amendment feature to prepare the documents the IRS is requesting.)
- Click on Amend Using TurboTax Online
- Click on Continue
- Click Yes, I need to amend a return I already filed, then click I need to amend my 2015 return
- Next select update or edit next to 1095-A (health insurance premium tax credits for 8962)
- Enter your Form 1095-A.
- Next, click on My Account
- Click on Tools
- Click on Print Center, then select the current year return
- Under printing Options, select all forms from the drop-down and click view or print.
- Then you can print Form 8962 and the second page for your 1040 and respond to the IRS notice either phone or by mail.
Note: If you don't have a My Account, try maximizing your window and/or zooming out your browser. If you are on a mobile device, you will not have access to My Account or Tools.
After entering the appropriate information, then you will need to print the forms to mail. To do so, complete steps 1-4 above, then select Download all forms and worksheets.