katillotson231

On the "State and Local Tax Refund Summary," it's saying I got a state refund last year of $902, but it was $451. When I try to edit it, it doesn't change it. Why?

When I click on "Edit" next to the pencil icon, the page that loads has the correct amount already entered in. I click continue, select "None apply to me" or whatever it says and then continue again, and it takes me back to the same page and it still says $902. And it doesn't matter if I sign out and sign back in, or how many times I try to fix it. The correct amount is on the edit page, but it doesn't save it. Why is it doubling the amount like this? I did not get $902 from the state last year.
LindseyLO

Have you tried clearing your cache and refreshing? This may help. Help with doing so has been provided by clicking here.

katillotson231

Sadly, that did nothing. 

SForrestLO

Have you contacted your state, to inquire if your return was garnished?

Contact your state department of treasury for more information. This Turbo Tax article will provide more information on offsets.

Who Can Garnish an Income Tax Refund? Who Can Garnish an Income Tax Refund?