Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On the FIW, Part V, I filled out the Direct Debit info. I am not allowed to fill in an amount to be debited. How can I fill in an amount to be debited?

There is a red X in the Yes box for Do I want Direct Debit.  I have filled in all the info for where the debit comes from and I put in a date for the withdrawal.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

On the FIW, Part V, I filled out the Direct Debit info. I am not allowed to fill in an amount to be debited. How can I fill in an amount to be debited?

Are you sure there is an amount due on your return?  I get the screen below when I am due a refund and try to complete a debit. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is what my form looks like but I do owe money. 

I don't think the Federal Info Worksheet has you enter an amount; you are allowing a debit of the amount due.  To get rid of the red X, try checking the No box for allowing direct deposit of tax refund (assuming you do owe tax versus expect a refund).  I had a similar experience on my state return.

I did check the No box for direct deposit. Last year I also had a debit and there was an amount on the amount line below the date of debit. 

None of the responses solved my problem.  What I ultimately did was check "No" for Direct Deposit and left the box blank for Direct Debit.  That removed the red X.  I was able to complete the return and I filed it without any errors showing.  When I review my return a day later, I saw that the FIW was filled in correctly w/o any red marks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies