On Schedule SE line 8a, do I include the total income from W2 for both the primary taxpayer and spouse (married filing jointly) or just for the self-employed person?

Line 8a Sch SE includes only the total social security wages and tips (total of boxes 3 and 7 on all W-2s).

Thanks! But if only the primary taxpayer has self-employment income, is it ok to include line 3 and 7 from the spouse's W2?

No. The Sch SE is specific to the taxpayer (the Social Security Number of the person with Self-Employment income). Sorry I have to leave for the day. I'll check in tomorrow. Hope that helps.