If your federal return hasn't been accepted yet, you will see incomplete for the state. Or if there were state forms that were not yet finalized when you filed your federal, the state would not be filed. You may need to log in and submit/resubmit your state return, if your federal has been accepted and there were forms that were not finalized for your state but are now. See details below.
And these steps will help you to get back into the return to resubmit the state portion, if using TurboTax Online:
NOTE: If you are using the mobile app or CD/Download version, go here for steps to resubmit the state return https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3591540
- Login to your TurboTax account.
- In the Welcome Home box, click Visit My Tax Timeline at the bottom.
- In the SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO section, click Add a state (not really adding one).
- Click on the State Taxes tab.
- Click Continue to start or complete your state taxes.
- Click Done with State.
- Continue through the flow to review and file your state taxes.
- You may want to review the State Taxes section to confirm the return is complete.