nfelus17

On my etrade 1099-b form, how to i enter a loss. do i put a negative sign in front of the amount

DianeW

Yes, if you are entering the net result you can use a negative sign in the proceeds box with a zero purchase price.

Keep all your statements with your tax records for future use should you need them for detail.

canuck97

But turbo tax will not let you enter a negative number for proceeds in box 1d

DianeC958

If you enter proceeds as $0 and then an amount for the cost you will have a negative amount for the overall gain/loss.

@canuck97