Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ira0624
Returning Member

On 1099-MISC 2016, as self-employed, that page is indicating the amount I have posted is invalid (2490) and is not allowing me to continue. Can you help?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

On 1099-MISC 2016, as self-employed, that page is indicating the amount I have posted is invalid (2490) and is not allowing me to continue. Can you help?

I'm not sure what might be causing this issue because I am unable to replicate it, but I do have a solution.

The Form 1099-MISC is not required to be entered in document form, you can choose to enter the income directly on the business income section.  Keep the document in your tax files to have the necessary information showing the income was reported in full.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DianeW
Expert Alumni

I'm not sure what might be causing this issue because I am unable to replicate it, but I do have a solution.

The Form 1099-MISC is not required to be entered in document form, you can choose to enter the income directly on the business income section.  Keep the document in your tax files to have the necessary information showing the income was reported in full.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies