Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Oklahoma non resident return

I have oil and mineral royalties from Oklahoma.  I have filed OK income before.  I have a problem with the current 2023 Oklahoma income tax form TT has created.  Here are the steps in the very beginning and where I get lost...

• Transferred Federal info , fine and dandy
  • Chose non-resident (never have been a resident)
  • TT asks if I filed a Ok return in 2022, yes I did
  • TT asks did the name/address change, no it did not
  • This is where it gets dicy:  The next question TT asks is:  Enter the portion earned while a RESIDENT.

Duh, I am filing a non resident form.  I am stuck here in the early stages of completing the Oklahoma return.  Any help will be very welcomed!  I have no idea at this point where to enter the amount of my royalties.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Oklahoma non resident return

This answer assumes that you entered your royalty income in TurboTax from box 2 of a Form 1099-MISC.  If this isn't how you reported it, provide more information. 

In your Oklahoma return, you should be seeing this screen:

Since you don't have Oklahoma wages or any of the income listed, don't enter anything in the Oklahoma Amount field, just select Continue.

Scroll through the following screens until you get to the Oklahoma Income screen that displays Rental, Partnerships, Etc.  If you entered box 2, Form 1099-MISC, you should see this:

Here, if your royalty amount was $3,333, enter the same amount in the Oklahoma Amount field, then select Continue.

[Edited 3/11/2024 |2:16 pm PST]

@CaddyGrn 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies