Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Okay, Stop Panic. Fixed Turbo Tax Incorrectly Thinks My Address Is Foreign. I Can't Fix It And It Won't Transmit

Hello,

After I posted the previous  version of this, I stepped back and thought of fixed other than editing something through the app's API.  I solved the problem by deleting the Morgan Stanley import and the associated form using Forms View.  I re-imported the data and ran through the checks.

There was only one other error which was on my F1099-INT from the IRS.  They gave me no address to give to put into Turbo Tax so I looked up an old IRS office and put in their address.

Well, that it from me,

Good Luck, Everyone!

On my Form 1099-DIV Worksheet, Turbo Tax says the recipient's address (i.e. my address) should be blank because "You have indicated a foreign address for this recipient."  I could not find a way to correct this.  The drop-down list of foreign countries starts with "(not applicable)", but selecting that has no effect.  I imported financial data from Morgan Stanley and there might have been a small amount of foreign income in one of their funds, but I don't see it on my Consolidated 1099.

I powered through all the checks, ignoring the error messages, because that has worked for me in the past.  However, this year I get to the point of hitting the "Transmit Now" button and Turbo Tax says it has some new  questions that it didn't have before.  It then presents me with a window "Check My Entry", trying to fix these errors.  I click "Continue" to get through it, click "Transmit Now" and Turbo Tax Loops back and starts the correction process again.  This means I can't file my taxes!

Help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies