Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tgirl0527

Not sure what I am supposed to do? form 2210 underpayment penalty, only box E applies in Part II but it keeps routing me back to fix my form??

last year we filed married/separate, this year is married/joint so the amount in box 9 for the annual payment is not more than line 6
so it says I do not owe a penalty and do not file form 2210 unless box e applies below

box e is you filed or are filing a joint retur foe either 2022 or 2023 but not both years andline 8 above is smaller than line 5, you must file page 1 of form 2210 but you aren't required to figure your penalty (unless box B, C or D applies) 

which they don't but it keeps asking me to enter a date the remaining taxes will be paid or 4/15/2024 
if left blank 4/15 will be assumed so I enter the date and continue but when it checks my return it keeps telling me to fix the form 2210 so I don't understand what it is wanting me to do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Not sure what I am supposed to do? form 2210 underpayment penalty, only box E applies in Part II but it keeps routing me back to fix my form??

It sounds like it's asking for the date your taxes will be paid, which should be today, or a date in the future, not 04/15/2024. 

Try entering today's date as 04/17/24 or 041724. 

If that doesn't work:

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Select Deductions & Credits.
  3. In the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, then Tools.
  4. Select Delete a form, from the list in the pop-up window. 
  5. Check the list for Form 2210, select Delete next to the form.
  6. Confirm your Delete, select Continue. 
  7. Continue through the review process and file section to e-file your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies