Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My Refund was accepted on 1.16.19 and today it is giving me an error. reference code 9001. this is my first year using turbo tax. any help? should i be worry?

@snodnaki0989 ! Okay so you have the 1541 code?

My Refund was accepted on 1.16.19 and today it is giving me an error. reference code 9001. this is my first year using turbo tax. any help? should i be worry?

Not at all @amandarosas33. I still have the same code 9001 and we can’t provide you with any information about your refund. SMH

@snodnaki0989 did you get a ddd this morning or is yours still sitting at 9001

I received a date

I believe I still have the same thing. I’m hoping it will change overnight.

@candice42.cg , you received a date after doing the verification?

@amandarosas33, Fortunately I didn't have to do verification this year because I had to do it last year. People are randomly selected each year. I claimed the EIC and ACT Credit which they gave dates on 2/23 morning after 3am..

No update for me. SMH

@candice42.cg , oh ok

I didnt get an update either. I seen people who faxed in their papers after I did and they all got ddd except for a select few who didnt.

The IRS will not open for tax return processing until Jan 28.

The IRS has two systems, the e-file system and the main processing system.

The e-file system is what receives the e-file tax return, makes some fundamental tests on it for validity and either accepts or rejects it based on those tests.   The e-file system is being tested and some returns are being polled early to test the e-file system, but the IRS has said that those returns will NOT be sent to the maim processing system until Jan 28.

The main processing system is where the WMR (Wheres My Refund) is and until Jan 28 will not even have the tax return,  so as of now, it will return an error since the return  is just sitting in the e-file system until Jan 28.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Nicely explained.

This makes sense

I trying not to worry its too soon justvhope I'm not making a mistake by not calling to verify my identity now since I have the 9001 code

9001 just means that the IRS is not open yet.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies