turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

Non US Citizen Spouse

I am an American citizen living in England with my English husband. He does not have an SSN nor ITIN as he has never paid US taxes. I cannot continue past the spousal page as he does not have either of the above.
1 Reply
New Member

Non US Citizen Spouse

The IRS requires a spouse's social security number when a married taxpayer tries to efile an income tax return.  The only way around this is to paper file your tax return.  When you go into the File section of your Turbotax program, choose file by mail instead of efile. Then print, sign, date and mail in your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies