Non resident
Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Non resident

I am a non resident receiving social security benefits.  I am a widow. How do I file a tax return please.

2 Replies
Level 15

Non resident

If you are a nonresident alien then you cannot use TurboTax.  You need to file using IRS Form 1040-NR.  TurboTax does not support Form 1040-NR.


However, if the Social Security benefits are the Only income to be reported on the tax return, then there is no reason or need to file a tax return.


See this TurboTax support FAQ for a Form 1040-NR -

New Member

Non resident

Yes. Thank you.

Dynamic Ads
Privacy Settings