turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wrong Bank Address?

I efiled my taxes. I requested an installment agreement. I noticed after it was sent when it asked for the bank name and address, I put the correct bank name but the bank address is wrong. Do I need to amend the return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Melaine

Wrong Bank Address?

No, you do not have to amend for that.  If the bank address is incorrect and you have your routing and account number, the IRS will determine the bank address and fix it.  If you do not have your routing and account number, the IRS will also contact you for that.  No need to complete an amendment.  You will also receive a letter from them regarding your installment agreement before they withdraw funds so you can fix what you need to then.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Melaine

Wrong Bank Address?

No, you do not have to amend for that.  If the bank address is incorrect and you have your routing and account number, the IRS will determine the bank address and fix it.  If you do not have your routing and account number, the IRS will also contact you for that.  No need to complete an amendment.  You will also receive a letter from them regarding your installment agreement before they withdraw funds so you can fix what you need to then.

Wrong Bank Address?

Thank you!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies