I do delivery driving on the side, but when filing my taxes for this it keeps asking for my EIN number and I do not have one. I am at the last step and I keep getting trapped in this loop of "fix federal return" and I have tried putting my SSN in the EIN blank and it still will not allow me to continue. There is a blank for SSN instead, but it is grayed out.
If you are getting an error of no EIN number for your Schedule C, please review the general information inputted for your business. I have attached a picture of what your page should look like under Payments and identification.
To access these fields in TurboTax, complete the following steps:
- Open your return.
- Search for Schedule C with the magnifying glass tool on the top of the page.
- Select the Jump to Schedule C link in the search results.
- Select Edit next to your line of work.
- Select Edit next to General Information.
- Scroll down and look under Payments and identification. The third column, Employer ID Number, should say No EIN.
- Click edit to make a change.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hello, I am having this same issue and followed these instructions step by step. When I come to the end it still tells me to check this section. How can I proceed without having an EIN?
Still have questions?Make a post