bgbpv1

No documents currently available for download - bogus message

I received a message from Fidelity that my tax forms are available.  When I try to import them to TT I can't.  The message says the forms will be available January 30, 2020.  It appears that Intuit hard coded a date that prevents anything other than typing in the info manually before that date.  Spent 10 minutes on hold with support while he checked and told me there is no workaround.  WOW!

The financial institutions may have the 2019 statements up on their websites but that does not mean they have formatted them already to allow import to tax software.  That happens at the end of January/early February.  TurboTax is not keeping you from getting your data.  TT is waiting for it.

If you are that eager to enter it, type it in manually.  The IRS is not accepting returns until January 27, so filing early will not result in an early refund.

bgbpv1

Thank you.   I just like to enter information as it is available; no hurry to file.  Should have asked the community forum first.

Interesting that the support person wasn't able to give that information.