Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

New Exclusion of up to $10,200 of Unemployment Compensation

I think online version get updates first  

As of now my Premier no updates this morning 

I just this morning received notice that Turbo Tax had completed the update to deduct the $10,200.00 UI income. However upon signing in there were non of the changes or guidence that the email stated would be there now. WTF?

Am I expected to upgrade to paying the highest Turbo Tax amount...ie  Turbo Tax Delux in order to receive the ARP $10,200.00 Federal UI tax break? Let me know PLEASE

Im filing on line, I am using the self employed upgrade, I did receive an email stating that those changes were made this morning at 6:30 am; however I checked on my taxes...and nothing....

O.K PLEASE let us know where this Exlcusion is on our Turbo Tax self employment edition???!

Well thats fine and well but I received an email from Turbo Tax this morning that told me that the issue of UI $10,200.00 exclusion had already been fixed...said form was now available...BUT IT IS NOT???!

Heck ya...I KNOW and plus my email coming from Turbo tax last night said the form had been added to the Turbo Tax...BUT I checked just a minute ago and NOTHING....Its maddening to tell the truth.

NOT SAYING THANKS....my email told me the issue had been fixed...last night...YET NOTHING has changed.

IS IT AN IT GLICH or is Turbo Tax expecting us to upgrade to the DELUX version...IF SO I MIGHT move to another Tax filing system this year.

@kategordon wrote:

NOT SAYING THANKS....my email told me the issue had been fixed...last night...YET NOTHING has changed.

IS IT AN IT GLICH or is Turbo Tax expecting us to upgrade to the DELUX version...IF SO I MIGHT move to another Tax filing system this year.

The update for the UC exclusion was made available in the TurboTax online editions.  The desktop CD/Download editions have not yet received the updated software.

Same here!  Nothing!  No updates!

If you are telling that the ARP Federal UI exclusion has been fixed...where the heck are the instructions in my Turbo Tax Self employment edition???!!! Am I expected to upgrade to DELUX or what is the hold up???!!!

When will the desktop CD/Download editions  receive the updated software?

I HAVE THE ON LINE EDITION>>>>>where are the instructions for the ARP $10,200.00 UI Federal tax exclusion on the self employed edition...will you just please provide the instructions once and for all or a link to the instructions...PLEASE!!!?

When I click updates, it says I am all undated! Crazy!

I already e-filed my Fed tax return and received a refund via direct deposit.  We're being told by the IRS commissioner to NOT file an amended return since they "think" they can automatically calculate and send us a refund.  I completed my state tax return but have not filed it (I typically mail it in).  Since the $10,200 tax waiver will lower my AGI and taxable income by that amount, it will thus affect my state tax return.  How do I correct my Michigan state tax return?  When TurboTax updates the software and I download it, will it automatically update and correct my state tax return, even though I've already e-filed my Fed return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies