brittneydanielle

Never received 1099misc for 2019 and it does not show on IRS transcripts. How do I get this son I can file taxes. Its around 5k

gloriah5200

If you know who issued it, contact them and ask them for a copy of it because you never received it.

You need to find out if they had an incorrect address for you or if it actually did not belong to you in the first place even though it may have been issued in your SSN.

If you determine that you did not work for the issuer of the 1099-misc for 2019 and it should not be reported in your SSN and Name you might need to contact IRS to dispute it as not yours.  

brittneydanielle

There is no way of contacting the person who issued it to me. I did work for them and made around 5k not sure of exact number.  Is there a way to get a copy? I did not file it last year and did not receive any notices from irs

npierson7

If you didn't receive your 1099-MISC and there is no way to contact the issuer, it is possible that the form was never filed by the issuer. You still need to report this income. You can report it as a self-employment cash income. You  need to know the amount, you might use your bank statements, checks, etc. for figuring that out. Even if it won't be exact amount, it is better than no report it at all. 

You can learn more how to report self-employment income there:

Reporting Self-Employment Income and Deductions