Solved: Need to update cell phone number

haroldlz991

Need to update cell phone number

went into my account/account settings/security
no space for cell phone number

JuanJ

Need to update cell phone number

To change your phone number you can sign into TurboTax  and go to

My Account.
    Account Settings

This will open the Review and edit your account info page, where you can update your User ID, password, name, email, security question/answer, billing/shipping info, and payment information.

If you want to change the phone number on your Tax Return, you can go to the Personal Info tab and change your number there. 

JuanJ

Need to update cell phone number

My Account.
    Account Settings

Cindyh555

Need to update cell phone number

I know this sounds easy but I'm not finding my settings or security or anything if you could help me out again now would be really awesome I need to change my cell phone number really bad thank you for listening

AkinaLO

Need to update cell phone number

Please follow the instructions below to update your cell phone number.

How do I update my TurboTax account information?

KellyThurber

Need to update cell phone number

I'm no able to sign in because of the two step verification and my phone number has been changed.

mesquitebean

Need to update cell phone number

@KellyThurber wrote:

See if you can get in using this Account Recovery tool.   Do not run the tool on your phone number, since you no longer have it.   Instead run it on any email addresses you can still access.    If still no luck after that, I've also left info below on a "Try Something Else" method.

Once you get in, be sure to go to the Intuit Account settings and update the phone number, two-step security settings, etc.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.   Since you no longer have the same phone number, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.