Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Need to redo 2014 taxes (TT Deluxe CD) which include a Schedule C. It will not let me do Business Income and is asking me to pay another $40 for Home & Business.

Sending you a CD?  You sure they are not putting the download in your account?  I don’t think they send CD for prior years.  And unless it is the Home & Business CD it won’t work.  The CDs are not updated.  
rsmbob

Need to redo 2014 taxes (TT Deluxe CD) which include a Schedule C. It will not let me do Business Income and is asking me to pay another $40 for Home & Business.

Yes, sending the H&B CD. In fact, overnighting it at no charge. By the way, thanks to you and others for your constructive assistance here.
Carl
Level 15

I just caught something in your original post. You need to "redo" your 2014 return? If it was filed, accepted and processed by the IRS, then you can't just "redo" it. You have to amend that already processed return. Additionally, since the IRS says amended returns can't be e-filed, and you can't e-file a prior year return, no matter what you do you will have to print, sign and mail it to the IRS.

Good, sounds like you are back in business.  When you do install the Home & Business program the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to File-New Tax Return).

Then go to FILE -Open and find your return.

As I recall for 2014, the solution to the fiasco was not that Turbotax reprogrammed 2014 Deluxe to include schedule C, it's that they enabled a free in-program upgrade to H&B, or gave a $25 rebate to anyone who already paid for the upgrade to H&B.

Therefore, the only solution to this customer's problem is to get a CD or download of 2014 H&B from customer service.  Installing Deluxe updates won't do it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies