I "quit and saved" my 2020 file to send for review with my accountant. I later updated my datafile and completed the operation, but it produced a 1040X, not a 1040.
Can I produce a new 1040 from the 1040X?
Well you must be using the downloaded version so this is a simple fix ...
How do I cancel or undo an amended return in the TurboTax CD/Download software?
If you started amending your federal return by accident and would like to cancel the amendment, follow this process to correctly "unamend" your federal return:
- Open your return.
- Switch to Forms Mode (Windows instructions | Mac instructions).
- In the left pane, select Form 1040X.
- Windows: After the form is generated in the right pane, click the Delete Form button at the bottom of the window.
- Mac: From the Forms menu, select Remove Form 1040X.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the 1040X from your return
Still have questions?Make a post