Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NC debited my state income tax payment from my bank twice. For 3 months they've been promising a refund by check but they refuse to provide a timeframe. What can I do?

My bank suggested I try to work it out with NCDOR first before disputing it with them (the bank). Now they tell me they can't do anything because it's been more than 60 days. Am I just at NCDOR's mercy?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

NC debited my state income tax payment from my bank twice. For 3 months they've been promising a refund by check but they refuse to provide a timeframe. What can I do?

You can contact the Office of the Taxpayer Advocate using the information in this link.

An advocate serves as a liason of sorts between you as the taxpayer and the taxing agency to help resolve any issues as promptly as possible.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You can contact the Office of the Taxpayer Advocate using the information in this link.

An advocate serves as a liason of sorts between you as the taxpayer and the taxing agency to help resolve any issues as promptly as possible.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you! This did it! I've already received a response guaranteeing I'll have a refund within 10 business days and that they'll keep on top of it to insure it happens. 

I didn't even know this agency existed. Thank you so much!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies