Solved: My wife makes quilts that we give away to charity's. Can we deduct her labor as she spends many hours doing these quilts?? If so what would a fair hourly rate be for us?

My wife makes quilts that we give away to charity's. Can we deduct her labor as she spends many hours doing these quilts?? If so what would a fair hourly rate be for us?

I do the same for Habitat but we build houses with their material? Can I deduct my time spent working??

Alumni
Alumni

Unfortunately, you can't deduct the value of her time.  Her deduction would be limited to out of pocket costs for fabric, thread, etc.

Alumni
Alumni