kylenlaura

My wife has a 6 digit IP Pin The section for filing electronically only allows for 5 digits and our return keeps getting rejected. How can this be remedied?

AnthonyC

The six-digit Identity Protection PIN is a separate PIN that is entered in the Other Tax Situations section of TurboTax.  (The five digit filing PIN is entered during the efile process and serves as a replacement for your signature)

• Log back into your account
  • Click either Take Me to My Return or you may see an option to Fix your Rejected Return 
  • Select Federal Taxes
  • Then, select the subtab of Other Tax Situations
  • Scroll down to the Other Return Info section
  • Click start next to Identity Protection Pin (see attached screenshot)
You can also use the search box to get to this section.  Log into your account and click Take Me To My Return (must click this or will not get the jump to link in next step). Click the search icon in the upper right corner (magnifying glass) and enter "IP Pin" in the search box and click the "jump to IP Pin" link that appears in the search results.  This will take you directly to the appropriate section.