ivcla

My wife and I are both employed and file taxes jointly. She will become an independent contractor. Could I increase my withholding at work to avoid her quarterly taxes?

Bsch4477

Either increasingly your withholding or her paying quarterly estimated tax payments would work.
TomD8

When you're calculating the tax on her independent contractor income, remember that it'll be subject to both ordinary income tax and to the self-employment tax (for Medicare and Social Security).

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.