james-appel

My washington state drivers license lists "military" for the expiration date, because I'm in the military. how do i confirm my identity with my drivers license info if this is not a given option for the expiration information?

TeresaM

The driver's license number is an added security measure the IRS and States have put in place for 2016 but for most states your return can be filed and will process without your driver's license number.  Alabama and Illinois do require an ID to be provided in order to e-file this year.  Here is a work around for a problem with issue date or expiration date, as some states do not have an expiration date.