Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

My wages are off

I need to correct my wages on my tax return
2 Replies
Level 15

My wages are off

If you have not filed the 2019 tax return - Click on Federal>Wages and Income

Employee Tax Expert

My wages are off

if you have not yet filed your taxes you can go back into TurboTax and make the change.


You would go to:

  • Federal
  • Wages and Income 
  • Scroll to your W-2 information and
  • Select the W-2 that you want to change


If you have already filed your taxes you will have to amend your return.  You should wait until your taxes are closed and any refund is processed.  This will insure the the two returns don't cross each other.  All amended returns must be filed by mail.


Please see the video: How to Amend

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies