Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax return was late and much less than equated by turbo tax. I have not received any documents explain why.

My tax return was weeks overdue. The amount estimated by turbo tax was $2634. I had $275 deposited into my checking without any explanation.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My tax return was late and much less than equated by turbo tax. I have not received any documents explain why.

could have been an IRS adjustment.  Turbotax receives no info about these. your options: 1) wait for notice - could take 2 weeks or longer. 2) call the IRS. 3) get your tax return transcript from the IRS website  - warning there is a new registration procedure which includes a  picture ID such as a driver's license, state ID card or passport. this must be uploaded to the verification portal when asked.

Refund delays [also] can be triggered if an e-filed or paper return has a mistake. Trouble spots include errors involving the recovery rebate credit and the child tax credit...  As of April 7, the IRS had issued 9.4 million math error notices — and 8.3 million of these notices were related to the recovery rebate and the child tax credit.

Where's My Refund? IRS has some answers but others left clueless (freep.com)

The IRS will mail you a letter within 2-4 weeks. 

...or...was the $2634 the combined IRS and State refunds?

Each tax agency sends their refund entirely separately, and rarely at the same time.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies