jessimicuhh

My tax return keeps getting denied because of my birthday, but the information is correct. What can I do?

KittyM

The IRS checks the Social Security database to confirm your personal data:  name, birth date and SSN.  If your return is rejected because of your birth date and you are positive it is correct, take the following steps:

1. Delete your birth date in TurboTax and then re-enter it, just to be sure there isn't a space or something that is being picked up as a digit.  (Be certain you press the Delete key multiple times, after the blank appears empty.)  Try re-sending your return.
  2. While you wait to be accepted or rejected again, contact Social Security.  They may have the wrong birth date on your file, and you should contact them to have it changed.