shelleybayol2020

my tax payment

I completed and efiled  with IRS requested my payment be taken out on april 13. so far no payment has been taken out of my bank. for both state and fed. how do I know they have my tax return and when will I expect they will take my money.  I don't want to get in trouble for not filing when I know I did.

shelley bayol

my tax payment

The IRS is backlogged and is not able to process returns as quickly as they have been able to process them in normal times.   They do want your payment and will debit your account when they process your return—it just might not happen on the date you requested.  Keep the funds available in your account and watch for the withdrawal.

Mike9241

my tax payment

for the state, why not contact the department of revenue to find out what's happening. while the IRS is behind most states aren't.