turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Tab Says "TurboTax Premier 2018" Does this mean I have already paid for the Premier edition on line?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

My Tab Says "TurboTax Premier 2018" Does this mean I have already paid for the Premier edition on line?

Not necessarily.  It simply indicates that you're currently working in the Premier Online edition.

Payment isn't required until a user either e-files or prints a return.   It is possible, however, to pay for your TurboTax product before filing.  You would likely remember if you had made payment earlier.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Not necessarily.  It simply indicates that you're currently working in the Premier Online edition.

Payment isn't required until a user either e-files or prints a return.   It is possible, however, to pay for your TurboTax product before filing.  You would likely remember if you had made payment earlier.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

OK, so I found where I did pay for it back in April of 2019.

The problem I have is the Online edition imported my 2017 Income, but when I go tto Schedule E, the Online version did not import my 2017 Return even though I used TUrbo Tax online in 2017 also??? 

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@mr_jon_meier Strange.  You say that your 2017 income information DID transfer, but your Schedule E information didn't?

I'm curious.  Is it possible that you have more than one TurboTax account?  Transfer of prior-year information is automatic in the online program, but the user must use the EXACT username and password that was used when preparing the 2017 return.  Many users have more than one TT account and don't realize it.

To see if you have more than one TurboTax account, check out the linked info below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-management/help/how-do-i-make-sure-i-m-in-the-right-turbot...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies