Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My state got rejected saying it needs a software update and to refile today or after today

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My state got rejected saying it needs a software update and to refile today or after today

@justinwhiteley21  wrote:  "My state got rejected saying it needs a software update and to refile today or after today"

You didn't name the state.   I'm not sure what form it's waiting on, but today is the usual update day.   TurboTax normally has its weekly update overnight on early Thursday mornings.   The update may not have occurred yet.   Online TurboTax should update automatically when it's released.   Desktop users may have to "check for updates."

You can look at the list of state forms for your state and see the availability date.  There will be a green check mark by the form when available.

Forms Availability Table
https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

@justinwhiteley21  wrote:  "My state got rejected saying it needs a software update and to refile today or after today"

You didn't name the state.   I'm not sure what form it's waiting on, but today is the usual update day.   TurboTax normally has its weekly update overnight on early Thursday mornings.   The update may not have occurred yet.   Online TurboTax should update automatically when it's released.   Desktop users may have to "check for updates."

You can look at the list of state forms for your state and see the availability date.  There will be a green check mark by the form when available.

Forms Availability Table
https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies